Friday 25 February 2011

Very Vicky!


So, for my birthday I got Very Vicky! I had actually got her way back when she came out last year and had decided to leave her boxed up until I 'deserved' to open her. Well, things have been looking up for me lately and with it being my birthday (as I already mentioned) so I thought it was high time!

She has such a beautiful face with the brightest blushy cheeks of all my Blythe's. I can't help but think her and Dear Lele Girl make a great pair together as their face-up's are, well not similar exactly but reminiscent. Very Vicky is a bolder version; a lot more intense. Her special eye chips really suit her colouring and I love the new plumper lip shape. I am a definite fan of the FBL's!

I should have taken a comparison pic but I was a bit excited about having opened my doll at last and so I cut her hair really short just for fun before I re-root (I will show you the hair I chose soon!) and also I found it was a bit tangly. I think I went a little overboard with the fringe but as I'm typing now she is next to me completely bald and domeless!

About that: I found her head a little harder to open than my RBL's. Also her side face plates were not flush NRFB. Having taken the scalp and dome off to soak elsewhere I clipped her head back together and the plates are now flush. I think I will try to sand down the side ridges that hold the dome in place ever so slightly before I put her back together properly. Her scalp however, was a dream to remove from the dome after only a light soaking and both dome and scalp are intact!

Sorry for the long-winded post! But, a huge P.S. - The bloomers Vicky is wearing will be available on my Etsy in the near future! Woop!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! She almost reminds me of Mono Comme Ca Blythe with her hair so short :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mono Comme Ca! It seems a shame she's sitting here bald now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...