Sunday 6 March 2011

The Enormous Crocodile


I loved The Enormous Crocodile when I was a little girl (I'm still little, but let's ignore that fact) and would sneakily read it when I was supposed to be in bed asleep. Well, I always thought I was being sneaky but I had my bedroom light on so it must have been fairly obvious to my mum and dad. I wasn't exactly a criminal mastermind.

I've always thought Quentin Blake's illustrations and Roald Dahl's stories go perfectly hand in hand and I assume it's the same for practically everyone in the English speaking world. With that in mind I spotted an Enormous Crocodile from across the shop as soon as I walked into Playlounge on Friday.


I have been being careful with my money lately so I gave him a pat on his head before I went off to see The Wizard of Oz (which was well good - amazing sets! Very funny too). It was a lovely surprise this morning when I woke up to find this very naughty chappie living in my house. Thank you Michael!


He is a bit wonk eyed but I think you would be too if you were hurtling towards the sun at an alarming rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...