Monday 5 September 2011

Ghoulia x Ghoulia: The Comparison!

 
As you know, I went to visit my mum in Cleethorpes a few weeks ago and what you may have guessed is that my Monster High collection expanded somewhat whilst I was there. It was brilliant to walk in to a shop and see them on the shelf as I like to pour over them comparing who is prettier like I did when I was a little girl. It makes me feel a little silly but who cares what other people think, right? 

Anyway, my point is that I can only really find Monster High at Argos in London and in case you don't know, Argos puts all the Monster High dolls in each series under one order number so you can't choose who you are getting. You can do a customer view but you wouldn't believe the pain in the bum that is! It was an absolute delight to walk into shops and I somehow ended up with first wave Ghoulia Yhelps and Mad Science Lagoona Blue. Fantastic! I also had the SDCC Ghoulia waiting for me when I returned from my trip. I'm well and truly hooked now!

I'm going to stop rambling now as what I really wanted to show you was my Ghoulia comparison pics. I'm fairly sure their faces are slightly different shapes as the jaw line seems harsher on my SDCC version. Their lips seem a different shape too. SDCC Ghoulia also has completely different hands. I'm not just referring to the mould here, they seem a lot more realistic somehow. Owning Ghoulia twice over did feel a little excessive to me at first but having put them side by side I'm so glad I went for it. I think Ghoulia may have pipped Draculaura to the top spot in my list of favourite MH characters. 

Vicky

3 comments:

  1. I am yet to buy any Monster High dolls but I am sure that I will someday. Wow I love comparison photos so I am glad you owned her twice. Do people make clothes for them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Girl Planet on etsy makes some nice clothes and leggings and Jem Girl makes shoes for Monster High but there aren't many others. There are a few official outfit sets too but I've kept mine in their original outfits so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't get into MH dolls. they're cute enough. but i'm glad blythe only has my heart!

    p.s. - i like the slight blog makeover :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...