Thursday 21 July 2011

Dear Diary by Parkin: Who Will Comfort Parkin?


Dear Diary,

I have been so bored lately. It keeps raining and I'm sure it's supposed to be Summer. Well, I suppose the rain means it is British Summertime... or Autumn or Winter or Spring. Who even knows anymore. I really wanted to get out with my super-cool new kite but instead I have been wearing my comfiest clothes and reading storybooks. One of the really fun things about being this size is trying to immerse myself in the book as literally as possible. Good times. Well, most of the time anyway...

Who Will Comfort Toffle? by Tove Jansson is one of the scariest books I have ever read! Diary, please don't tell anyone. I have successfully crafted an image of myself with nerves of steel and a fearless can-do attitude so if this came out I don't know what I'd do. Well, I do actually... very bad things!

It's all about a little Toffle called Toffle who is little and lonely and leaves his house because he is scared and cold and can't find anyone to be his friend because he is very shy. There are big strange creatures called Whompses and Fillyjonks and Grokes. There are creatures that look like bats. They are the scariest. I like to hold my pull ring near when I am frightened so I can close my eyes quick sharp. Toffle isn't scared anymore because he found a letter in a bottle and discovered that there is a Miffle who needs someone to comfort her. I haven't got to the end yet because I am too frightened to turn the page in case there are bigger bat things or maybe even ghosts but I hope he finds the Miffle. That would be nice.

What I want to know is, who will comfort me when I go to bed tonight if I'm still frightened?

Stay sexy,
Parkin
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...